How to use FabPatch
How to use FabPatch?
- Gradually remove the fabric from the backing paper, avoiding touching the adhesive surface.
- Attach the exposed adhesive surface to the garment and gently pull out the backing paper while pressing on the FabPatch.
- Attach the FabPatch by applying strong and careful pressure, preferably against a hard surface, for at least one minute. You can use a blunt object such as a spoon. Pay special attention to the edges.
- Your textile patched with FabPatch is ready for use immediately!
Check out our user manual video to see how easy it is to patch with FabPatch!
- If properly applied, the FabPatch will withstand washing on most types of textiles. However, allow at least three days before the first wash so that the adhesive will have time to stick in place. The longer you wait before the first wash and between washings, the more firmly FabPatch will adhere.
- You can wash the garments at 40 degrees and dry them in the tumble dryer. Do not dry clean or use detergents containing fabric softeners.
- Be sure to match the washing instructions of the FabPatch and your garment!
- FabPatch is not recommended for textiles to be used by children under 3 years of age.
- The FabPatch sticks best to old textiles that have been washed several times.
- Chemicals in the garments and in detergents, such as softeners, can affect the way your FabPatch withstands washing. There are more than 10,000 different chemicals used in garments, and they all have different effects on the way the FabPatch resists washing.
- The best results regarding washing resistance have been obtained with synthetic fibres. Pay attention to careful attachment when patching clothes made of natural fibres.
- Edge fraying / unravelling is a product characteristic.
- The product has a characteristic odour which is harmless and disappears in a few hours.
- The clothing patch is not removable. However, after washing you can cut the loose edges, press loose edges back on the garment and iron them or dry the garment in a tumble dryer.
- A small fold on the corner of the patch helps to remove the FabPatch from the backing paper.
- In a terrible hurry? Put on the patch, press with your hand and you're done! Remember to finish the attaching the next day at the latest!
- If you wish, you can cut the FabPatch to the appropriate size and shape. However, cutting may slightly reduce the washing resistance.
- If you want to remove the FabPatch, gently pull it off. Any adhesive residue can usually be removed with warm water and soap. Note that removing the FabPatch may leave traces on the most delicate textiles
- If your FabPatch comes loose at the edges after a wash, you can either cut off the frayed parts, replace the patch with a new one, or leave them be.
Store unused FabPatches in an airtight bag.
Take note of the best before date (about 2 years).
FabPatch: textile or energy waste
Packaging: cardboard recycling
Bag: reuse or energy waste
Backing paper: recycling, energy waste